Sunday 26 February 2012

Waltz With The Grim Reaper


All is silent, except for the hollow breathing of the cold, icy figure.
Nothing can break her out of this trans,
as she waltzes silently with the Grim Reaper.

His marble, boney fingers  trace up and down her back,
she shivers delicately, somehow calm and relaxed.

His long black robes flow around him, framing his shape,
"Stay with me", he pleas,
"I do," she vows.
Even if she wanted to,
she could not escape his glance.

She stares into his endless, black eyes
as he glides her across the dark room.
She rests her head on his lifeless chest,
closes her eyes and says hello to death....

8 comments:

  1. Oh my that was fantastic. Is it bad I saw myself as death in that though?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really good! I hope you write more! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really great writing!

    www.modernworld4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always appreciate dark poetry.
    Love your peom. Write on. You`re on the right track.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is good- I especially like the punch of the last two lines

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is a really great poem. Good job! :) now following!
    also love the background!
    Juliet
    www.apurplesky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. scary, you captured the petit mort moment - brava.

    ReplyDelete
  8. http://barangdiskonabis.blogspot.co.id/

    ReplyDelete